The CLAN MOFFAT SOCIETY is established as an educational, cultural and nonprofit organization. The purpose of the society is to encourage and support genealogical and historical research into the Scottish Clan Moffat, and to serve as an instrument of education in conveying historical information to members of the society. To meet the purposes of this group and others in pursuing the ancestral heritage background and family history of their Moffat (of all variations and spellings) ancestors, the Society shall strive:
- To preserve, promote and pass along to others, the customs, traditions and heritage of the Scottish people;
- To educate the public concerning Scottish history, literature, religion, music, poetry and the arts;
- To promote education in this heritage in all practical ways;
- To encourage travel, correspondence and the interchange of information, ideas and services;
- To publish a newsletter(s), directory and other publications to meet the needs and requirements of the society.
A copy of the current By-laws of the Clan Moffat Society as ratified and amended at the 2009 Clan Moffat Society AGM in Ventura, California can be found here.