The Jack Moffat Clan is pleased to invite you to attend the 5th Harry and Jenny Moffat Family Reunion in the lovely North Peace River in 2005. We were asked to give you at least a years notice of the reunion, so here is your first "announcement". Hopefully we will get feed back and "firm" up other plans as time goes by. We want this to be a celebration for all to enjoy and participate in ..so let's make it happen!!
This reunion will be the 130th year celebration of coming to the Cariboo of Harry Henry Moffat - and our 10 year reunion. The reunion will be held at the North Pine Fair Grounds, approximately 20 miles north of Fort St. John and all descendants are encouraged and welcome to attend.
The North Pine Fair Grounds has 40 acres of space to spread our campers and activities around. There are halls we can gather in if the weather doesn't co-operate and to sleep in if need be! (Bring your foamies!!) Charlie Lake and boating and golfing etc. is about 40 minutes away if weather permits and there is interest.
PRE-REGISTRATION BY DECEMBER 17, 2004 is a must due to the cost of rental of the grounds and damage deposit due on Jan. 1, 2005. If not enough interest is shown by this date, the reunion will be cancelled.
REGISTRATION FEE will be $30.00 per person, which will include camping, and those under 5 will be free .
- Included in the registration fee will be:
- Family tree information package
- Potluck supper on Friday night - wieners and hamburgers will be supplied.
- Camping (sorry no hook ups, but there will be some electricity etc. on site, along with bathrooms and communal eating areas)
- Catered supper on Saturday evening
- Jack Moffat Clan to host Sunday Pancake Breakfast
- Activities and prizes
REGISTRATION: Friday July 30, 2005 - 2pm - 5pm
This announcement will be sent to at least one member per "clan". It will be your responsibility to photocopy and pass along the information to your clan and help promote the reunion amongst your clan. Approximately 160 family members attended the last reunion at West Lake in Prince George in 1995 and we hope that the numbers will grow for this one!! One person per clan is to update the enclosed family tree information for your clan and return it by Dec. 17th, 2004. (Any new additions after this time can be added before the final printing by letting us know). Thank you.
The following activities are being planned, any other suggestions are appreciated.
Registration - Friday night - meet and greet - icebreakers
Bring a favorite story you remember from past reunions or about one of our grandparents etc.... We could exchange these historical stories after supper one evening
Family tree/History Nook - Presentation/Display (HELP!!)
Pictures (every family to send one, please)
Children's activities - we believe there is a playground on site as well - We need the ages of the children please
- Crib or whist tournament
- Horse shoe tournament
- Golf - (pre-registration a MUST)
- Tug a war
- Moffat Mile
- Sing a long - Betty McQuarrie to lead
- Family meeting - to pass on the torch to the next organisers
- Talk amongst yourselves before hand) - should the reunion be "5 year or 10 year increments?"
***Every clan is welcome to "identify" themselves by wearing colourful hats,
shirts or you name it! ***
SUNDAY FAREWELL - DEPARTURE - 2 PM.
- For registration form contact:
- Linda Vopicka Vopicka@shaw.ca or
- Val Oftebro email@example.com